From: Andrew Cowie <andrew@×××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] icedtea6 bootstrap
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 23:44:16
On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 08:08 +0300, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:

> And on a second thought... You need also add the gcj USE flag to gcc, > reemerge gcc, then at the end remove the gcj USE flag from gcc and > reemerge gcc.
Which is a hideous thought. Could we not make it depend on dev-java/jamvm + dev-java/gnu-classpath in order to bootstrap? The impact of these is a hell of a lot less. AfC Sydney -- Andrew Frederick Cowie Operational Dynamics is an operations and engineering consultancy focusing on IT strategy, organizational architecture, systems review, and effective procedures for change management. We actively carry out research and development in these areas on behalf of our clients, and enable successful use of open source in their mission critical enterprises, worldwide. Sydney New York Toronto London

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-java] icedtea6 bootstrap Andrew John Hughes <gnu_andrew@××××××××××.org>