From: Stuart Howard <stuart.g.howard@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Startup advice
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:43:20
As you might expect I am running on information overload here ;)

I have emerged well all the IDE and editors suggested [got to love
portage] and will make the choices when I am beyond hello world time,
I am reading  the lecture prepared by Ted lovley work by the way
starts at my level :]

Anyway my supplemental request is book choice and a mailing list to
watch for entry/mid level discussions?
[gentoo-user has taught me more about linux/gentoo than any of the
books I have read]

I see that from Amazon "The Java Tutorial: A Short Course on the
Basics (Java S.)" is due for a new release at the end of this month
and seems a likly choice, however there are more books available than
you can shake a stick at to be honest and a tip would be nice.

ps. All I need to do now is to farm the wife and kids out to a
religious cult and I will have some real time to get started :P