From: Stuart Howard <stuart.g.howard@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Startup advice
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:43:20
1 As you might expect I am running on information overload here ;)
2
3 I have emerged well all the IDE and editors suggested [got to love
4 portage] and will make the choices when I am beyond hello world time,
5 I am reading the lecture prepared by Ted lovley work by the way
6 starts at my level :]
7
8 Anyway my supplemental request is book choice and a mailing list to
9 watch for entry/mid level discussions?
10 [gentoo-user has taught me more about linux/gentoo than any of the
11 books I have read]
12
13 I see that from Amazon "The Java Tutorial: A Short Course on the
14 Basics (Java S.)" is due for a new release at the end of this month
15 and seems a likly choice, however there are more books available than
16 you can shake a stick at to be honest and a tip would be nice.
17
18 stu
19
20 ps. All I need to do now is to farm the wife and kids out to a
21 religious cult and I will have some real time to get started :P