From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: Ted Kosan <tkosan@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Adding native library path to system VM
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 14:02:35
1 Ted Kosan wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I recently emerged the dev-java/rxtx package and it installs native libraries
5 > into /opt/rxtx-2/lib/
6 >
7 > My question is, how is this path added to the system's VM so that the native
8 > libraries in it can be found?
9 >
10 > I used java-config to add the package's jar to the system's classpath (
11 > CLASSPATH=/usr/share/rxtx-2/lib/RXTXcomm.jar ) but I did not see any
12 > java-config options that could be used to add native libraries to the system
13 > VM.
14 >
15 > I am currently using sun-jdk-1.5.0.05.
16 >
17 > Thanks in advance :-)
18 >
19 > Ted Kosan
20 > java.net Embedded Java community co-leader
21 > tkosan@××××××××.net
22
23 java-config --library rxtx2
24
25 aria betelgeuse # java-config -i rxtx-2
26 /opt/rxtx-2/lib
27
28 It is the job of the applications using rxtx to call this in their
29 startup scripts. You should not set a system wide classpath, that is
30 deprecated and not supported by the java team.
31
32 Regards,
33 Petteri Räty