From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Cc: Ernst de Haan <wfe.dehaan@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Re: Installing Javadoc documentation with java-pkg_dohtml
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:11:01
1 Ernst de Haan wrote:
2 >>While I'm at it, attached is the current version of my xmlenc ebuild.
3 >>As this is my very first Ebuild, feedback is highly appreciated.
6 > This time as a plain text .ebuild file. Comments are highly appreciated!
9 Here we go.
10
11 > KEYWORDS="~x86 ~ppc ~sparc ~amd64"
12
13 Do you have all these arches to test with?
14 http://dev.gentoo.org/~plasmaroo/devmanual/keywording/
15
16 > src_compile() {
17 > local antflags="jar"
18 > use debug && antflags="-Djavac.debug=true ${antflags}"
19 > use jikes && antflags="-Dbuild.compiler=jikes ${antflags}"
20 > einfo "Ant flags: ${antflags}"
21
22 We don't einfo the antflags like this because there is nothing of
23 interest to the user. Feel free to use them for debugging but don't
24 leave them to the final ebuild.
25
26 > ant ${antflags} || die "Compilation failed."
27 > use doc && ( ant javadoc || die "Javadoc generation failed." )
28
29 Using parenthesis like this makes a subshell ( see man bash ). dieing
30 inside a subshell will not quit like you expect it to. Why not just add
31 javadoc to antflags?
32
33 > }
34 >
35 > src_install() {
36 > java-pkg_dojar build/xmlenc.jar
37
38 java-pkd_dojar build/*.jar is probably more future proof so when version
39 bumping new jars are not missed.
40
41 Please note that these comments are only based on looking at the code. I
42 might find more if I ever get to actually testing it.
43
44 Thanks for the work so far.
45 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ebuild-submit.xml
46