From: Wiktor Wandachowicz <siryes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] Re: problems compiling junit
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 21:19:48
1 Joshua Nichols <nichoj@...> writes:
2
3 > So what I believe is happening... you have junit installed (and built
4 > with 1.5), then go to rebuild with 1.4. The ebuild calls ant, which
5 > pulls in junit compiled with 1.5 onto the classpath. When javac tries to
6 > resolve junit classes... it's getting them from the 1.5-built junit,
7 > instead of the junit which is being built. So, the workaround would be
8 > to unmerge junit before trying to rebuidl it with 1.4.
9
10 That's exactly what I did [manually] when I've found that having a 1.5 system
11 JVM is not healthy... I've listed all packages depending on jdk, unmerged them
12 and used "emerge -1" to get them back with 1.4 jdk. (It was so long ago that
13 I almost forgot about that solution: unmerge/emerge. If I remembered better
14 I'd suggest that to Henrique sooner - anyway, good analysis Joshua!)
15
16 Then I've found the axxo-overlay and later the migration-overlay.
17 The rest is history. :)
18
19 Cheers,
23 gentoo-java@g.o mailing list