From: Joshua Nichols <nichoj@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Java 1.5 migration plans
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 03:54:06
1 Martin von Gagern wrote:
2 > I added a list of little steps at the end of the guide. I don't know how
3 > the assignment of devs to tasks usually works, but it would be great if
4 > we could fill the list with assigned persons and estimated times.
5 >
6 > Greetings,
7 > Martin von Gagern
10 The list of steps definitely looks good, and gives us a good plan of
11 attack. Overall, the migration plan looks really good, although I'm
12 still trying to get a few for a few bits of it, particularly when/how
13 we'd migrate to the 'next gen' style of ebuilds.
14
15 Before going forward with the plan, though, it would probably be a good
16 idea for all the java devs to, you know, agree to go through with this
17 plan :) This is particularly important because we would be the ones
18 actually committing these to portage. I'd say we're at the point where
19 we could/should have a meeting in #gentoo-java to go over this.
20
21 As far as taking up particular tasks and whatnot, I'm not particular
22 sure myself, being the new guy and all. But given that all work is
23 voluntary anyways, I'd imagine people would volunteer for taking care of
24 this or that task.
25
26 - Josh (nichoj)
27 --