From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: Vlastimil Babka <caster@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] [RFC] Deprecation of ejavac
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 22:07:42
1 On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 21:47 +0200, Vlastimil Babka wrote:
2 >
3 > I don't agree it's hack. I think it's easier to write few lines in
4 > ebuild than writing build.xml which needs ant dependency, takes space in
5 > FILESDIR and in the end does exactly the same thing.
6
7 I agree as well and just converted bcprov and bcmail to both use ejavac
8 and not use a build.xml. One, I believe bcprov, used to use a build.xml,
9 but for recent changes or etc I would have had to modify and then had
10 two versions to maintain and deal with. It's just another file to
11 maintain and I prefer to have as little files in filesdir as possible.
12 Ideally none other than digest :)
15 William L. Thomson Jr.
16 Gentoo/Java