From: Henrique Ferreiro <henrique.ferreiro@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Re: problems compiling junit
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 14:25:28
Thank you very much. I unmerged and merged junit successfully.

I am using java-1.5-fixer from migration overlay. It seems that it does
not unmerge the offending packages first. When are you going to do
another release?

O Xov, 13-04-2006 ás 20:29 -0500, Joshua Nichols escribiu:
> Henrique Ferreiro wrote: > >>>> I did not modify jdk.conf. Every line is commented. > >> Then ant-core, as well as junit, should be build with 1.4. Is that the case? > > No. ant-core is being built with jdk-1.5. Anyway junit does not compile using > > 1.4 with ant-core. > > > > > > > Alright... I'm pretty sure what the problem is. If you take a look at > /usr/bin/ant... at some point, it pulls in a bunch of jars from several > packages. This is necessary to make sure that all the ant tasks work > properly. One of these happens to be junit.... > > > So what I believe is happening... you have junit installed (and built > with 1.5), then go to rebuild with 1.4. The ebuild calls ant, which > pulls in junit compiled with 1.5 onto the classpath. When javac tries to > resolve junit classes... it's getting them from the 1.5-built junit, > instead of the junit which is being built. So, the workaround would be > to unmerge junit before trying to rebuidl it with 1.4. > > Essentially, this problem comes down to who we handle /usr/bin/ant, and > how it pulls in all its dependencies. It is currently hardcoded to bring > in certain packages, which is less than ideal, because we need to have > fine-grain control over the classpath. In particular, when building > packages, we don't want to include the already-compiled version that is > living on the system. > > Aside from this, I recommend you try the java-1.5-fixer I posted in a > different thread. It actually goes through all of ant's dependencies, > and if any were built with 1.5, will unmerge them, and merge them again. > > Hope this helps, > > Josh
-- gentoo-java@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-java] Re: problems compiling junit Joshua Nichols <nichoj@g.o>