From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] Re: [gentoo-dev] browserplugin vs. nsplugin
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 20:41:18
Aron Griffis wrote:
> Back in July the Java team proposed fixing its ebuilds to respect the > USE=browserplugin instead of USE=mozilla, a worthwhile change. During > the course of the discussion, it became clear that the existing > USE=nsplugin was more appropriate. > > > > Unfortunately the discussion stagnated and the Java team went ahead > with their original suggestion. > > At this point I think it would still be worthwhile to repair these > ebuilds to respect USE=nsplugin and drop the browserplugin from > use.local.desc. Comments?
Well I have no problem with changing it again, but our user base might get a little tired. At least we should put a lot of information out about the change before going forward with it. We currently still have the mozilla use flags in the ebuilds and I would not like to see three different use flags for browser plugins in the ebuilds. Something like a USE flag move would be a nice feature for portage (to update /etc/portage/package.use). Regards, Petteri Räty (Betelgeuse)