From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@g.o>
To: Gentoo Java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Small JVM
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 15:13:13
Joshua Nichols wrote:
> Anatoly Shipitsin wrote: > >> Helllo. >> When i'm install jamvm it's not list at java-config. It's really not >> wrong ?
It's really not! It's right!
> jamvm does not install the necessary files under /etc for it to be > picked up by java-config. I'm not sure if this was intentional or not. > Karl is the maintainer, so maybe he could shed some light on the topic.
That's intentional. The VM cannot realistically be used as a drop-in replacement for the commercial VMs yet. Even without the env-files, the VM is fully runnable from the command line, so you can use it for all your favourite Java apps and watch it being incomplete, notify upstream (JamVM, not us), and be part of the open-source experience. -- Karl T -- gentoo-java@g.o mailing list