From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] QA checks in the eclass
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 21:29:34
1 Vlastimil Babka wrote:
2 >
3 > Also, when it checks foo is in IUSE, why not check "use foo" as well?
4 > Heck, why don't even change the functions so they only perform their
5 > stuff when "use foo" holds (this way you get a free QA check for IUSE
6 > right in useq()), and get rid of the "use foo && java-pkg_dofoo" idiom?
7 > :) If we agree we *ALWAYS* want to install this javadocs/source/ always
8 > based on flags (maybe there could be some nocheck variants if needed).
11 Yeah I was suggesting to checking the use flag inside the eclass to
12 nichoj but he thinks the current way is more clear to the reader. Yeah
13 good point about use already checking it so my patch is stupid for that
14 part so I guess we should go for a cleaner eclass in this case.
15
16 Regards,
17 Petteri