From: Joshua Nichols <nichoj@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Wanted: Substantial Java Webapps
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 04:07:38
1 Karl Trygve Kalleberg wrote:
2 > Hi gang,
3 >
4 > there's been talk for some time now about improving the way we handle
5 > Java webapps in Gentoo. The debate has mostly focused on
6 > developer-specific wishes that come from developers of webapps on Gentoo
7 > Linux.
8 >
9 > One aspect which has not been discussed any much detail is which web
10 > applications we should package for end-users/sysadmins that are only
11 > interested in running webapps on Gentoo Linux which incidentally happen
12 > to be written in Java. For Python/PHP/Perl, there're things like Trac,
13 > IssueTracker, Bugzilla, PHPNuke, Zope, and whatnot under www-apps,
14 > currenly maintained by the web-apps herd.
15 >
16 > I would very much welcome suggestions for a good, long list of
17 > substantial, useful and interesting webapps written in Java, that we
18 > some day should end up packaging.
19 >
20 The only ones I can think of offhand are OpenCMS and Jira. As the name
21 implies, OpenCMS is a content management system. Jira is a bug/issue
22 tracker.
23
24 - Josh
25 --