I finally broke down and did some work on java-1.5-fixer, so that it
should handle most situations. This version currently available here
. Normally, java-1.5-fixer gets installed by
dev-java/java-config-wrapper, but I haven't updated it yet...
* Checks dependencies of ant are explicitly checked
* If packages with jars that have 1.5 bytecode are found, they are all
unmerged, then remerged
* jars to check are now deteremined from package.env files (ie
/usr/share/ant-core/package.env ), instead of just checking
/usr/share/*/lib/*.jar. This handles cases when jars are installed
* Doesn't check jars that are known to have 1.5 bytecode. This currently
consists of a few jars from things available from java-experimental and
* Overall implementation should be a bit cleaner than it was.
This might not seem like much, but it should drastically improve the
effectiveness of the script.
So... give it a try, and let me know if there are problems.
firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list