From: Hanno Meyer-Thurow <h.mth@×××.de>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] work on gcj for gentoo
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 10:33:16
1 On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:25:15 +0100
2 Hanno Meyer-Thurow <h.mth@×××.de> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:04:25 +0100
5 > Hanno Meyer-Thurow <h.mth@×××.de> wrote:
6 >
7 > > Hi list!
8 > > I would like to work on gcj for Gentoo.
9 >
10 > I did a patch for Java eclasses to create native libraries from jar
11
12 I did a script to (re-)build a .gcjdb file with all or selected Java
13 packages which I get from 'java-config --classpath=pkg-list'.
14 (script is attached)
15
16 Why?
17
18 1. I do not know the behaviour of a re-emerged package.
19 Will that dbtool update its database or doubling/breaking something?
20
21 2. (re-)create from scratch
22
23 3. For the users convenience to create their applications specific
24 database instead of one big database.
27 With that a question raises regarding to the eclass patch.
28 Would it be ok to just recreate the database from scratch
29 on each package being merged?
30
31 It would take no time to recreate.
34 Regards,
35 Hanno

rebuild-classmap-db application/octet-stream