From: Wiktor Wandachowicz <siryes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Application server for JEE
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:47:45
1 2006/10/11, Daniel Piccoli <piccoli.dan@×××××.com>:
2
3 > the reason I ask is because I have been using Glassfish with Netbeans
4 > 5.5 beta 2 (both downloaded, not emerged) and the development platform
5 > does not seem stabe. eg. I try to do things like start the app server,
6 > the progress bar shows that the cpu is doing something but top reveals
7 > that it is not.
8
9 If you run GlassFish using ordinary user account (not administrative one),
10 this is exactly what happens, no matter if it's Windows or Linux. You have
11 to be the owner of GlassFish directories and files to run it successfully.
12 Group ownership is not enough in this case (I too wonder why).
13
14 Just a quick:
15
16 chown -R piccoli:users /opt/glassfish-9.0-b48
17
18 (or similar) and your'e golden.
19
20 I have jdk-1.6.0-b100, NetBeans 5.5 RC1, GlassFish b48 and Enterprise
21 Pack 5.5 Beta installed [manually] and I haven't noticed any big problems
22 (apart from the aforementioned ownership requirement).
23
24 Let us know if this helps you too.
25
26 Wiktor