From: Alistair John Bush <ali_bush@g.o>
To: Gentoo Java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-java] Java Webapp Support
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 22:27:46
1 Topic: discussion of how to package apps (hudson etc.) that need
2 application server like Tomcat etc.
3
4 After discussing this for a while during our monthly meeting. We
5 decided that this discussion would be better on the mailing list.
6
7 I would also like to open this up to any members of the community.
8 Please initially submit write up a proposal and submit it here. Also any
9 and all feedback on this is welcome.
10
11 Some of the issues that we have already encountered have been
12
13 * Install into a shared webapp directory or into each app servers webapp
14 dir.
15 * Dependency resolution/handling
16 * vhost support.
17
18 Please read the irc log from the latest meeting for more background.
21 Alistair John Bush
22 Developer Gentoo Java
23
24 OpenPGP key 0x4900CFB7