From: Joshua Nichols <joshua.nichols@×××××.com>
To: Rusty Phillips <rustyp@×××××××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] What is the current status of hibernate
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 00:17:57
1 On 10/10/05, Rusty Phillips <rustyp@×××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > So far, here's what I've got:
3 > 1) Mockobjects depends on jms. This dependency isn't listed, but it
4 > doesn't work without it. This isn't in the tree, so I don't know if
5 > you're dealing with it or not.
6
7 You mean dev-java/jms ? :) I suspect it has to do with log4j having a
8 jms USE flag, and that somehow got on the classpath because of ant...
9 so I'll have to take a look at that.
12 > 2) xdoclet can't dojar "velocity-1" because I don't have a velocity-1
13 > installed. I have a velocity-1.4. Removing the "-1" it works.
14 > If you're going to use "RDEPEND =dev-java/velocity-1*" you're going to
15 > have to deal with the possibility that you get velocity-1*.
16
17 The most recent version of velocity in experimental is SLOT=1. In
18 general, you want to do at least 'emerge -u' when emerging Java
19 packages. This is basically because we can't have a slot dependency,
20 or more specifically, we can't depend on the most recent version
21 belonging to a particular slot.
22
23 For example, we depend on =dev-java/velocity-1*, to do slot 1..
24 however this matches 1.4, which is SLOT=0, which you have installed.
25 So, you'd have to emerge -u to get 1.4-r1 which is slotted.
28 > That's everything so far. I'll let you know how it goes. I can usually
29 > come up with solutions for the little things like these. If all the
30 > sources are available, I don't expect to have any problems I can't
31 > solve.
32
33 As always, thanks for the input.
36 Josh