From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] Why dev-java/jessie depends directly on dev-java/gnu-classpath?
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 07:21:54
I just noticed that dev-java/jessie depends on gnu-classpath for no good
reason I can think of. The ebuild forces jessie to build against
classpath. IMHO it would be better to let the selected jdk decide the
core library used. If the user wants to build jessie against a free
alternative he should any way have kaffe or any other as the system vm.
I have committed the modifications to the already modified ebuild in
experimental and it seems to work nicely:

If no-one steps up, I will commit the removal of hard dependency to
official during the next week so please let me know if there are other
reasons for depending on gnu-classpath directly.

Petteri Räty (Betelgeuse)