From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] javatoolkit: new project layout
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 12:32:10
1 On 06-01-2008 01:16:16 +1300, Alistair Bush wrote:
2 > This email is to garner some discussion on my new project layout for
3 > javatoolkit.
4 [snip]
5 > You can browse the repo here
6 > http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/java/browser/projects/javatoolkit/branches/layout_refactor_branch
7
8 While you're at it, would it be possible to make javatoolkit a little
9 bit easier for use prefix folks to maintain? We're happily running Java
10 in our prefixes so any cooperation here would be greatly appreciated.
11
12 We currently apply this patch:
13 http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/alt/browser/trunk/prefix-overlay/dev-java/javatoolkit/files/0.2.0-prefix.patch
14 (trac is a bit picky about it, so please look at the plain text version
15 of it)
16
17 As you can see, Prefix is mainly concerned with shebangs (/usr/bin/env
18 python should work for everyone just fine), and with adding the offset
19 prefix in the installation paths. I understand that not every path can
20 be dropped, but it would be great if the make stuff could be simplified,
21 by e.g. having a variable for the prefix (defaulting to /usr) such that
22 we could just simply only patch that one, instead of every place, as in
23 the patch.
24
25 Thanks,
29 Fabian Groffen