From: Joshua Nichols <nichoj@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] java.eclass needs to RDEPEND on java-config
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 00:14:29
For bug 118651 [1], the user was experiencing problems with binary
packages because java-config is in DEPEND, not RDEPEND, which wouldn't
be brought in as a dependency for a binary install.

The user had suggested putting this in the particular ebuild's RDEPEND.
However, this would affect all JDKs and JREs. So instead, I propose
putting java-config in DEPEND and RDEPEND of java.eclass, which all JDKs
and JREs should be inheriting. The ebuilds would then need to be updated
to not DEPEND on java-config.

Would there be any problem with doing this? If not, is there a minimal
version of java-config that should be used? sun-jdk depends on >= 1.2,
ibm-jdk-bin depends on >= 0.2.5, and blackdown-jdk depends on >= 1.2.11,
so I'm not sure which one should be used.

- Josh
gentoo-java@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-java] java.eclass needs to RDEPEND on java-config Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@g.o>