From: Alistair Bush <ali_bush@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] QA within java overlays.
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 09:47:29
I have been looking at qa of the 2 java overlays (java-overlay and
java-experimental) and have noticed a few things

1)  Running repoman ( and even qualidus, tho I still need to investigate
this more ) on java-experimental is a waste of time.  Both assume only
that gentoo and java-experimental exist.  This results in
a) the inability to find eclasses, aka, java-maven-*.eclass; and
b) the inability to find packages that are only located within java-overlay

I have had a short discussion with zmedico about added the concept of a
"parent" overlay so that repoman can find packages.
So far zmedico has suggested merging java-overlay and java-experimental.

2)  QA within java-overlay is pretty poor.

KEYWORDS.stupid               5
   dev-java/jdic/jdic-0.9.1.ebuild  (believe this may have been my
doing,  certainly remember looking at this )

There also seem to be a lot of packages that have *DEPENDS on packages
within java-experimental, that are keyworded for arch's that don't have
a package also keyworded for that arch.

Now im going to start looking at all of these issues.  But please ensure
you run repoman and correct any issues you find.  I also believe that we
should always consider whether a change within the gentoo repo will have
effects on java-overlay.  While java-overlay is ~arch by nature lets not
break it thru carelessness.