From: Joshua Nichols <nichoj@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Hi there
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 04:11:59
1 Greg Tassone wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 09:51 +1100, Mathew Robertson wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi there,
5 >>
6 >> I am new to this list - I am wondering if there are any
7 >> active/semi-active developers currently working on the Java 1.5
8 >> packages, as I would like to help out.
12 Hello and welcome.
13
14 To see what's going on with Java 1.5, I'll point you over to our Trac
15 [1] setup for this purpose. Things have been a bit quiet recently on
16 this front, as the primary devs (myself and kartlk) have been quite busy
17 recently with this thing called Real Life. My schedule has opened up
18 just recently, so I should have more time to work on this action. I
19 expect to get an update onlist within a week or so. You can also swing
20 by #gentoo-java on irc.freenode.net, where the active folks hang out.
21
22 [1] https://projects.gentooexperimental.org/expj/ (see migration section)
23 > Welcome. There are several such developers lurking here, as well as
24 > non-official developers (like me). Much of the work lately has been on
25 > stabilizing the Java 5 and (eventually) Java 6 environments on Gentoo.
26 > In that vein, there is currently a package-freeze in place while that
27 > stabilization work is in progress.
28 >
29 > To get you started on recent history I suggest you check out the mail
30 > list archives for this list at gmane:
31 >
32 > http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.java/cutoff=810
35 > ~ Greg T.
38 Greg: if you are using / helping out with the migration-overlay stuff,
39 please contact me off list or in #gentoo-java.
40
41 Regards,
42
43 Josh