From: Greg Tassone <greg@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] migration-overlay entering main tree
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 22:23:40
1 On Sun, 2006-06-25 at 16:37 -0500, Joshua Nichols wrote:
2 > Over this past weekend, I put migration-overlay into the main tree:
3 >
4 > Everything related to it is currently sitting in package.mask:
5
6 Thanks for doing this, and for the E-mail update. I've been noticing
7 the changes in migration-overlay this weekend. :-)
8
9 FYI: For some reason (at least in my mail client) some extra chars
10 (like this: "> ") appear at the beginning of a few lines in your list
11 (below). Folks should be aware that certain packages won't be visible
12 unless they remove these extra characters from the front of the
13 applicable lines.
14
15 The corrected list should appear something like this:
16
17 #----------------------------------------
18 # Joshua Nichols<nichoj@g.o> (24 Jun 2006)
19 # Masked for testing changes to Java
20 >=dev-java/java-config-1.3
21 dev-java/java-config-wrapper
22 >dev-java/javatoolkit-0.1.0
23 >=dev-java/ant-core-1.6.5-r13
24 >=dev-java/ant-tasks-1.6.5-r2
25 >=dev-java/jikes-1.22-r12
26 >=dev-java/eclipse-ecj-3.1-r13
27 =dev-java/blackdown-jdk-1.3.1-r23
28 =dev-java/blackdown-jdk-1.4.1-r12
29 =dev-java/blackdown-jdk-1.4.2.03-r12
30 =dev-java/blackdown-jre-1.3.1-r20
31 =dev-java/blackdown-jre-1.4.1-r12
32 =dev-java/blackdown-jre-1.4.2.03-r11
33 =dev-java/ibm-jdk-bin-1.4.2.04-r10
34 =dev-java/ibm-jdk-bin-1.5.0-r11
35 =dev-java/ibm-jre-bin-1.4.2.05
36 =dev-java/jrockit-jdk-bin-1.4.2.10
37 =dev-java/jrockit-jdk-bin-1.5.0.06
38 =dev-java/kaffe-1.1.7
39 =dev-java/sun-jdk-1.4.2.12
40 =dev-java/sun-jdk-1.5.0.07
41 =dev-java/sun-jre-bin-1.4.2.12
42 =dev-java/sun-jre-bin-1.5.0.07
43 #---------------------------------------
44
45 Another note: You list sun-jdk-1.5.0.07 and my system does have it
46 installed (it appeared in migration-overlay a week or two ago).
47 However, the ebuild appears to have been deleted from the overlay and it
48 is NOT anywhere in the main Portage tree. Unless you still need to add
49 it something must have gone wrong. Just FYI...
52 > I would like to unmask these packages in the next few days. At that
53 > point, I'd like to 'officially' announce it, as in put it on the front
54 > page, send to -announce, etc.
55
56 Sounds good to me. They seem to be working well so my vote is "the
57 sooner the better".
58
59 Thanks again for all of the hard work!
60
61 ~ Greg T.