From: Mark Wielaard <mark@×××××.org>
To: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] GNU Classpath distro DevJam
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:55:54
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 21:02 +0200, Karl Trygve Kalleberg wrote:
4 > It seems that I won't have the opportunity to go, but we should
5 > definitely send a Gentoo representative. Petteri (Betelgeuse) has
6 > volunteered, but also admitted he's a pretty recent addition to the team.
7 >
8 > If some of the more experienced developers have the time and
9 > inclination, please step forward soon, so we can start coming up with a
10 > plan for what we want to say as a distribution on this meeting
11
12 Yes, please add anything you think is important as background material
13 for better understanding how gentoo integrates (or doesn't integrate)
14 with jpackage, gcj, kaffe, etc to the meeting wiki:
15 http://java.debian.net/index.php/DevJam
16
17 And please add yourself as an interested party even if you cannot attend
18 because of the time and place and add a little note that you cannot
19 attend because of the time/place. If there are a lot of people
20 interested from the various distros for which Oldenburg next month is
21 inconvenient that we want to look at some other meeting place/date.
22
23 If there are enough people listed/interested I also want to setup a
24 cross-distro mailinglist to discuss the hacking oppertunities for the
25 DevJam meeting.
26
27 Thanks,
28