From: Joshua Nichols <nichoj@g.o>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] Java 1.5 update and script for re-emerging all Java packages
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 05:21:13
Hey folks, I've recently updated the project page to include some more
information about the Java 1.5 Overlay.

In case you hadn't heard, the project page is located at:

I barely made the commit, so it may take a bit to hit the main site.

Related to this, when switching over to the overlay, it is highly
recommended you re-emerge all Java packages. This is pretty important,
because the packages now maintain additional metadata.

Until now, we haven't had a nice packaged way of doing this. I've made
up a script that will hopefully handle this.

I've used this a few times without problems, but as always, could use
some input/feedback.

NOTE: this is _not_ for fixing a system that was using Java 1.5 as a
system VM  before switching to the overlay.