From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@××××××××××××××.uk>
To: Gentoo Java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-java] jaxb-api and Java virtuals with slot dep VMs
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 00:51:06
1 Hi guys,
2
3 Ran into three separate issues tonight while trying to emerge dom4j!
4 Thanks to ali_bush for helping me with the java6 USE flag issue.
5
6 The second issue is that java-config is not able to resolve slot
7 dependencies for VMs given in virtuals. This has been done in jaxb-api.
8 JAVA_VIRTUAL_VM needs to be changed from "virtual/jre:1.6" to
9 ">=virtual/jre-1.6" or this needs to be fixed in java-config.
10
11 jaxb-api also has some issues of its own. First of all, jaxme is
12 missing from JAVA_VIRTUAL_PROVIDES. Additionally, the slot for version
13 1 has changed from 0 to 1 and this needs to be addressed in the dom4j
14 ebuild. It calls java-pkg_jar-from on jaxb-api with no slot suffix. I'm
15 not sure whether it actually needs slot 1 or 2 here. This also makes me
16 wonder whether jre:1.6 and jaxme really do satisfy both slots 1 and 2.
17 Can anyone who actually knows about JAXB confirm this?
18
19 Regards,
20 Chewi