From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@××××××××××××××.uk>
To: Gentoo Java <gentoo-java@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-java] jaxb-api and Java virtuals with slot dep VMs
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 00:51:06
Hi guys,

Ran into three separate issues tonight while trying to emerge dom4j!
Thanks to ali_bush for helping me with the java6 USE flag issue.

The second issue is that java-config is not able to resolve slot
dependencies for VMs given in virtuals. This has been done in jaxb-api.
JAVA_VIRTUAL_VM needs to be changed from "virtual/jre:1.6" to
">=virtual/jre-1.6" or this needs to be fixed in java-config.

jaxb-api also has some issues of its own. First of all, jaxme is
missing from JAVA_VIRTUAL_PROVIDES. Additionally, the slot for version
1 has changed from 0 to 1 and this needs to be addressed in the dom4j
ebuild. It calls java-pkg_jar-from on jaxb-api with no slot suffix. I'm
not sure whether it actually needs slot 1 or 2 here. This also makes me
wonder whether jre:1.6 and jaxme really do satisfy both slots 1 and 2.
Can anyone who actually knows about JAXB confirm this?

Regards,
Chewi