From: "Paweł Cesar Sanjuan Szklarz" <paweld2@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-java] Build from source and Maven project model
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 18:03:12
1 Hello.
2
3 I would like to use portage/ebuild as my base build system on internal
4 java projects, building from specific release commits. My first idea
5 was to create normal maven projects and use the new maven eclass.
6 Looking on maven ebuilds and trying to build some specific version of
7 maven (from a tag build) I found that maven model can disallow builds
8 from one single commit without central repository. A full explication
9 with a maven svn example is here:
10
11 http://softwaremathmodel.blogspot.com/2012/02/inconsistency-on-maven-model.html
12
13 This means for me, that translation POM->Ebuild is not a good choose.
14
15 I am looking for some project structure that could generate Ebuilds,
16 and also Maven OR Gradle specific configuration. Is there any know
17 solution for this on gentoo community???
18
19 Regards.
20 Paweł Cesar Sanjuan Szklarz.