From: Eric Chatellier <chatellier@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Maven from source - version 2.x or 3.x ?
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 14:55:27
Le 22/05/2011 07:38, Kasun Gajasinghe a écrit :
> Hi all, > I'm working on getting Apache Maven in to work by building from > source. Currently, in main tree, Maven is installed using the binary > (dev-java/maven-bin), which is against the Gentoo Java Packaging > Policy. > > Getting Maven in to work by building-from-source is a lengthy process. > We have two main versions to go ahead. The 2.x range with the latest > being v2.2.1, and the 3.x range with the latest being v3.0.3. The > compatibility notes for 2.x and 3.x are at [1]. There's only few > compatibility issues as I've seen. I was thinking to go with 2.x since > in my experience and the area where I was involved in, haven't had any > plans to migrate to Maven 3.x soon. But the overall picture may vary. > > So, I'm asking from the Gentoo's Java community, what's the suitable > version to go with? 2.x or 3.x
Hi, i'm a gentoo user and java developper using maven for years. I also known the maven gentoo problem ;) So i'll be happy to help you or test your work. For maven 2/3, 3.x is a new achitecture intended to be maven 2 complaint. So, i vote for 3.x. But maybe 3.x is too young... -- Éric Chatellier <chatellier@×××××××××.com> Tel:

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-java] Maven from source - version 2.x or 3.x ? "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>