From: Mathew Robertson <mathew.robertson@××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Hi there
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 22:51:21
>> I am new to this list - I am wondering if there are any >> active/semi-active developers currently working on the Java 1.5 >> packages, as I would like to help out. >> > Welcome. There are several such developers lurking here, as well as > non-official developers (like me). Much of the work lately has been on > stabilizing the Java 5 and (eventually) Java 6 environments on Gentoo. > In that vein, there is currently a package-freeze in place while that > stabilization work is in progress. > > To get you started on recent history I suggest you check out the mail > list archives for this list at gmane: > > >
Thanks for that URL. I did manage to get Java 1.5 (sun jdk) + tomcat 5.5 running, via a combination of gentoo-experimental and axoo overlays, plus a couple of odd hacks (and an 'inject'). If you guys need help with anything specific, let me know... cheers, Mathew PS. The java-config concept of symlinking /etc/java-config/system-vm is cool - I think a similar technique could also be used for Flash vm's.