From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: "Peter B. West" <lists@××××××.au>
Cc: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Re: the new java setup and jni
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 15:30:49

Peter B. West wrote:
> > I've got around the update problems so far by reverting to 1.4 when > e-merging. After emerges, I go back to 1.5 as system VM. That seems to > work. E.g. my ant builds work. I have had glitches, but I have put > them down to updates against a 1.5 system VM. Anything else I should > look out for? >
You can set the vm on a per user basis. java-config -s for that. So use java-config -S to set the system vm to 1.4 and java-config -s to set your development vm to 1.5. To get the system vm working you need to source the env files in .gentoo. That way emerges work fine and you can still develop with 1.5. Our documentation could be better and hopefully in the future it is.
> > I'd love to help out, but my plate is full with my own development > schedule atm. >
No problem.