From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] Eclipse Libraries
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 16:03:38
On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 16:02:11 +0200
Serkan Kaba <serkan@g.o> wrote:

> Once I tried building RCP part of eclipse standalone but gave up > because they were too highly coupled and I didn't manage to get a > working dependency order. Since then upstream started providing build > tools for Eclipse. I don't know if it allows building a stand-alone > RCP or parts of it.
I also had a shot at building Eclipse plugins quite some time ago. I was focusing on third party plugins rather than the core Eclipse components but there is some overlap there. Ideally they should be built using the Eclipse PDE but last time I tried, unbundling the JARs was still a nightmare. I believe the tools Serkhan mentioned are supposed to improve this situation but I've stopped using Eclipse since then. For a while now, we are supposed to have been using the P2 system for handling the plugins but due to a silly bug that's never been fixed, Gentoo still isn't using it. Regards, James