From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: Alistair Bush <alistair.bush@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] My GSoC project ideas
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 10:51:49
1 Alistair Bush kirjoitti:
2 > On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 11:09:50 am Petteri Räty wrote:
3 >> Here it goes:
4 >> 1. Java: A graphical application to configure options and used JDKs on
5 >> a per application basis. The application should also be a GUI for
6 >> eselect java-nsplugin and java-config.
7 >
8 > Firstly I'm going to guess this would be a java app.
9 > Would you like to elaborate on whether we would just wrap the functionality
10 > around that of existing tools like eselect and java-config or would we
11 > reimplement this within java. This actually sounds like an interesting
12 > project.
15 Well I would at least separate the functionality into a library and the
16 GUI so that different GUIs can be done in the future (java-gnome, kde
17 java bindings etc). Writing this in Java is not mandatory but
18 considering the nature of this program it's a natural fit. One
19 interesting idea for this is using for example jython to interface with
20 java-config and then eselect is just a wrapper around that.
21
22 Regards,
23 Petteri