From: Greg Tassone <greg@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-java@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-java] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError on amd64
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 19:59:42
1 On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 15:59 +0100, Sebastiaan wrote:
2 ...
3 > Does anyone have an idea what the problem can be? I am unsure if the
4 > problem lies within VTK or Blackdown. Sun-jdk does not have a 64 bit
5 > version available, so I cannot compare with that.
6
7 FYI: Sun DOES have a JDK for 64-bit Linux. It is in Portage, too,
8 although it is currently masked (please see the list archives[1] if you
9 don't know why). The 64-bit sun-jdk is a "server VM", so it doesn't
10 include things like Web Start or applet support. However, it works just
11 fine.
12
13 I'm not sure what might be causing the rest of your build problems, but
14 wanted to at least provide the above.
15
16 Greg T.
17
18 Footnote [1]: