From: Marc Blumentritt <M.Blumentritt@×××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-kbase@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-kbase] Re: Possible topic for kbase?
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 13:52:29
1 Sven Vermeulen schrieb:
2 > On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 10:41:05AM +0200, Marc Blumentritt wrote:
3 > Those are very good topics; it shouldn't be too difficult to find
4 adequate
5 > answers and add them to the repository.
6
7 I have one more, but I have not looked into it myself (with other words
8 I have not googled/checked Guides, Wiki, Forums): mounting volumes and
9 CDs/DVDs as user. I always stumble over this and then have to look for
10 the answer. Also some nice informations about usefull mount options
11 would be great.
14 >> Just a thought: Some guides like the gcc upgrade guide are "quick
15 >> solutions" to "specific problems". I think this fits quite good for the
16 >> kbase, so perhaps all guides like this should be moved/transformed to
17 >> the kbase?
18 >
19 > On the contrary; when topics tend to grow, it might be a good sign to turn
20 > them into guides. Likewise, whenever a guide exists that covers some topic,
21 > the topic in the kbase should point to the guide.
22 >
23 > Guides are more managed (documentation-wise) than kbase articles (the entire
24 > GDP crew looks after them); they are also translated into several other
25 > languages.
26
27 In light of this you are absolutly right.
28
29 Cheers
30 Marc
31 --