From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-kernel] Kernel project lead
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:45:52
1 Hi,
2
3 John Mylchreest has been retired due to inactivity.
4
5 If anyone has any objections to me becoming kernel project lead, please
6 contact me (either onlist or off).
7
8 (and objections are totally fine in that if there is other interest in
9 this position we need a more formal process anyway)
10
11 Alongside continued genpatches/gentoo-sources work, my initial goals for
12 the project are:
13 - Finish recruiting Mike Pagano to help with core kernel bugs and
14 genpatches
15 - Document the kernel security maintenance roles and restart
16 recruitment efforts there
17 - Revisit the idea of automated kernel compile through portage
18 (combining genkernel kernel ebuilds)
19 - Would also be nice to find someone to work on the eclasses and
20 project page
21
22 I know I've been less active lately, but that's just temporary as I was
23 on holiday and am now at home catching up after being away for a year.
24
25 Thanks to John for all of his previous hard work.
26
27 Daniel
28 --
29 gentoo-kernel@g.o mailing list