From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-kernel] wacom bug question (bug #205261)
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 15:11:22
Sebastian Kromp wrote:
> I´ve choosed this bug for beginning > , and after searching the > web I´ve found this > , and I > think, that could solve the problem. But because I don´t want to do > something wrong, I want to ask first, what I exactly should do now, > cause it´s a little bit unclear for me.
You've found a document detailing how to match up the kernel side driver part (wacom) with the userspace configuration for the tablet. The problem in this case is that the kernel driver is not recognizing the device, and hence is not creating the /dev/input/eventX interface that the document is talking about. So, the document is not entirely relevant because the problem occurs at a lower layer. The next thing to do on that bug is to research the issue. Try and find other Linux users who have the same hardware, and see whether they are reporting it as working or broken. If it appears broken for everyone, has it been reported to the wacom developers, perhaps on a mailing list? Are there any patches available? Google around a bit, and let us know what you find (if you're confident you can just put your findings directly on the bug). Also, you'll see that I asked for "lsusb -v" output. I asked for this because all USB devices have unique ID numbers (vendor and product ID) which can be useful when searching. In this case the vendor ID is 056a and the product ID is 0090 (see if you can find where I read those numbers from in his attachment). Just putting the phrase "056a 0090" into google seems to bring up some relevant results. Thanks, Daniel -- gentoo-kernel@l.g.o mailing list