From: Krzysztof Pawlik <nelchael@g.o>
To: Gentoo Kernel List <gentoo-kernel@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-kernel] Stabilizing kernels
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 20:04:45

There's and interesting question: how should kernels different than
gentoo-sources and vanilla-sources be stabilized? So far I was trying to match
base kernel version + genpatches version of tuxonice-sources to gentoo-sources
(ie. when gentoo-sources-2.6.X-rY goes stable I would file a separate bug to
have tuxonice-sources-2.6.X-rZ stabilized too).

There's abug about stabilizing
few tuxonice-sources versions, but it's been quiet since a month.

My question is: should be stabilize non-core (everything other than
{gentoo,vanilla}-sources)? Opinions?

I'm more and more in favor of having tuxonice-sources and ck-sources only in ~arch.

Krzysztof Pawlik  <nelchael at>  key id: 0xF6A80E46
desktop-misc, java, apache, ppc, vim, kernel, python...

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-kernel] Stabilizing kernels Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>