From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-kernel] [ANNOUNCE] genpatches-3.8-6 release
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 21:25:51
1 On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 20:54:30 +0100
2 Bertrand Jacquin <beber@××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > > PATCHES
7 > > -------
8 > >
9 > > When the website updates, the complete patch list and split-out
10 > > patches will be
11 > > available here:
12 > > http://dev.gentoo.org/~mpagano/genpatches/patches-3.8-6.htm
13 > > http://dev.gentoo.org/~mpagano/genpatches/tarballs/genpatches-3.8-6.base.tar.bz2
14 > > http://dev.gentoo.org/~mpagano/genpatches/tarballs/genpatches-3.8-6.extras.tar.bz2
15 >
16 > What is the refresh period for
17 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~mpagano/genpatches/patches-3.8-6.htm, it
18 > doesn't seems to be updated automatically.
21 Yeah, the problem here is that when another developer pushes out new
22 genpatches, he does not have access to that website; we haven't
23 asked for the infrastructure to change it in this aspect yet, assuming
24 it to be impossible in this way.
25
26 However, you can obtain those files from
27
28 protocol://your_local_mirror_here/genpatches-version-base.tar.xz
29 protocol://your_local_mirror_here/genpatches-version-extras.tar.xz
30
31 replacing protocol, your_local_mirror_here and version as you see fit.
32 Please note that the genpatches have been changed to xz instead of bz2.
33
34 I think those files contain a 0000_README which documents the patches
35 with URLs and descriptions.
36
37 There is no set refresh period, mpagano has to run this manually.
38
39 Depending on how we continue; we might be looking into changing this...
42 With kind regards,
43
44 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
45 Gentoo Developer
46
47 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
48 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
49 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D