From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-kernel] vanilla-kernel sources should not be marked stable for obsolete versions
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 14:58:10
1 Hi all,
2
3 I bumped the vanilla-kernel sources yesterday, and deleted some
4 obsolete, and known-insecure versions at the same time (i.e. the 3.7 and
5 3.8 ebuilds.) They were added back because they were the last releases
6 marked "stable" for some arches.
7
8 In thinking about this, that's totally wrong. Either all of these
9 ebuilds are marked stable, or none are. And we should really NEVER have
10 known buggy ebuilds marked stable for the vanilla kernels, as that's
11 just dangerous on many different levels.
12
13 So, should I just mark these always stable, or never stable? I don't
14 think we should mix the two, as the previous versions are always known
15 buggy, and have problems, and shouldn't be used.
16
17 thanks,
18
19 greg k-h