From: George Kadianakis <desnacked@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-kernel] Gentoo-sources, lead
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 23:03:19
1 Mike Pagano <mpagano@g.o> writes:
2
3 > This is an open email to members of the gentoo-sources herd.
4 > I would like to officialy take over the lead role for the
5 > gentoo-sources sub-project. This does not include the entire kernel
6 > project as I'm not really sure if we need an overall kernel lead. Things
7 > seem to be running relatively smoothly with having the sub-projects run
8 > themselves.
9 >
10 > I don't want this look like a coup so if anyone would rather have the
11 > job or an election, please just let me know.
14 > Mike Pagano
15
16 Hey Mike!
17
18 I'm wondering - since I'm a bit ignorant on Gentoo organizational
19 internals - what exactly is the role of a sub-project leader?
20 And what's the role of the gentoo-sources sub-project leader?
21
22 The only up-to-date thing I managed to gather is:
23
24 "Decisions within a project can be made by the people inside the
25 project itself, of course coordination between the projects is
26 necessary. The (sub-)project leads are usually responsible for doing
27 this." [1]
28
29 Thank you :)