From: Duane Griffin <duaneg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-kernel] help needed on bug #219400
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 15:00:57
2008/12/8 Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>:
> > > If anyone is interested, it would be great if someone could try and > reproduce it. I have looked at it briefly myself but (lazily) skipped over > it because it involves a several things that I don't know much about - vifs, > bridges, tun/tap, etc.
I've used bonded interfaces and tun/tap from about 2.6.21 onwards. The only problems I've seen like this were with earlier kernels which could deadlock and hang when bonded interfaces were taken down. Those problems should all have been fixed some time ago, though. Looking at the bug report it isn't clear that it has been observed on recent non-hardened kernels. Cheers, Duane. -- "I never could learn to drink that blood and call it wine" - Bob Dylan