From: John Mylchreest <johnm@g.o>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-kernel] [ANNOUNCE] genpatches-2.6.16-2 release
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:44:42
On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 11:37:15PM -0500, Kumba <kumba@g.o> wrote:
> Henrik Brix Andersen wrote: > fwiw, I've got mips-sources modified to follow the upstream kernel.org > notation of 2.6.x.y (even though our primary upstream, linux-mips.org, > doesn't utilize this notation at all). > > There's logic in the ebuild that can switch between using -rc, point > releases (the .y ones) and standard versions, and it modifies the logic to > fetch the appropriate patch(es) from upstream to save on what we need to > upload to the gentoo mirrors. > > Been following this since ~2.6.12, and we haven't had any issues with the > versioning in portage or reported from users. mips-headers even uses it > now.
On that note, whats the chances of getting mips-sources/headers to use kernel-2? ALl the logic exists already in there anyways (has done for ages) and it would reduce that 500 odd line ebuild down to ~50 :) -- Role: Gentoo Linux Kernel Lead Gentoo Linux: http://www.gentoo.org Public Key: gpg --recv-keys 9C745515 Key fingerprint: A0AF F3C8 D699 A05A EC5C 24F7 95AA 241D 9C74 5515