From: Joshua Hoblitt <jhoblitt@××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-kernel] Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Linux 2.6.21 plans
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 23:44:30
1 On Fri, Apr 27, 2007 at 03:33:59AM +0000, Duncan wrote:
2 > I'm running (vanilla) rc7-git10 ATM, and have two possible regressions
3 > remaining here, which <details> kept me from properly testing and bugging
4 > upstream in a timely manner. Both are regressions as they worked before,
5 > but I'm not yet totally sure they are kernel regressions. Briefly,
6 > amd64, (1) system clock to hardware clock isn't syncing now, I'm not sure
7 > about hw2system as I use ntp, and (2) X was restoring after suspend to
8 > disk, but now breaks, such that I immediately return to the console the
9 > first time I try to switch to it after a suspend, and I must restart X.
10 > I'm still working on isolating both of them to the kernel, and didn't
11 > notice them until after rc7.
12
13 In regards to #2, I'm running gentoo-sources-2.6.21 and I am able to
14 suspend/resume from disk via `echo platform > /sys/power/disk; echo disk > /sys/power/state`. Was this issue fixed for you in the actual release?
15
16 -J