From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: Gentoo Kernel List <gentoo-kernel@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-kernel] recruiting update
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 18:13:13
1 Hi,
2
3 Thanks to everyone who responded to my recent call for help with kernel
4 bug-squashing. I replied to a number of emails and was pleasantly
5 surprised to see a lot of people actually following through. Probably to
6 the point where some people are a little discouraged or at loose ends
7 because there aren't immediately enough bugs to go around... (the bug
8 list is currently the smallest I have seen it in a long time, but more
9 will come!)
10
11 I am going to start recruiting the new contributors to "official" Gentoo
12 Developer status, which will provide proper recognition for your work,
13 access to directly contribute to genpatches, and so on.
14
15 I will probably start with the most active new contributors in no
16 particular order. I just wanted to make sure that everyone is aware that
17 all contributions, even only occasional ones, are very much appreciated,
18 and I will (in time) recruit anyone who is prepared and able to
19 contribute even on an occasional basis. Anyone is welcome to remind or
20 ask me about this and I'll give an honest answer.
21
22 The Gentoo recruitment process is a bit long and drawn out, so this
23 needs to be done one or two people at a time. I have travel plans
24 starting next month so will become much less active until mid-April, so
25 my first priority is to make one or two more active people be in a
26 position less dependent on myself. But I will continue on the recruiting
27 as long as there are enthusiastic people to recruit, as time allows.
28
29 Thanks for your patience!
30 Daniel