From: d.fedorov@×××××××.ru
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-kernel] Kernel configuration and DRI.
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 11:05:27
1 On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 08:42:09 +0100, Daniel Troeder <daniel@×××××××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 > On 12/26/2010 01:06 PM, dE . wrote:
4 >> Hi. you might know me from the forums, but unfortunately I've appeared
5 >> to have stumbled over a difficult problem -
6 >>
7 >> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6487475.html
8 >>
9 >> I'm having a bad time configuring the kernel. I've enabled KMS (like
10 >> what's with Debian), used the latest xserver, mesa from the overlays and
11 >> eselected mesa to galium (r300 and sw). On this setup, glxgears is
12 >> blank... the's just a blank windows with no reading of the fps drawn.
13 >>
14 >> On the other hand on Debian I get a sustainable FPS, if I copy over the
15 >> Debian kernel (and modules) to my Gentoo install, I get good FPS, so
16 >> there must been something wrong with my kernel configuration. The Debian
17 >> guys have enabled KMS.
18 >>
19 >> RS690m chipset which hosts x1270.
20 > You can copy the ".config" from the debian kernel into the
21 > gentoo-kernel, run "make oldconfig" and see if that takes you in the
22 > right direction.
23 >
24 > Good luck,
25 > Daniel
26
27 Better to copy ".config" and to use diff with your gentoo .config