From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-kernel] Kernel patching solution.
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 21:06:29
Peter Volkov wrote:
> Well, I did not wrote all details I have in my head now, but before I've > started to work on/draft this this I wanted to hear some opinions as I'm > sure some of you already have thoughts about this. Is this feasible > solution? Are there better?
I hate l7-filter and wish it would go away. I would not suggest spending time on the problem, as if I hear that someone else is going to add a package that does something similar, I'll go and behead them. As for other options: You could just install the patch to the filesystem and require the user to apply it. Other packages do/did this, e.g. hdaps But the only real solution is this: get the patch merged upstream, or equivalent functionality offered in the mainline kernel. Everything else is working against the flow of the kernel. Daniel -- gentoo-kernel@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-kernel] Kernel patching solution. Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>