From: "Eric F. GARIOUD" <eric-f.garioud@×××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-kernel] [ANNOUNCE] genpatches-3.8-7 release
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 13:35:34
1 On Thursday 21 March 2013 13:22:35 Tom Wijsman wrote:
2
3 > As to address your question, it doesn't come down to intention but
4 > rather to manpower.
5
6 I appreciate this.
7 However, when things go down to a problem of manpower, the very first
8 initiative common sense commands is to avoid wasting it.
9 And the first way I know to avoid wasting manpower is :
10 - displaying intentions !
11
12 I have asked here, in 3.4.9 times, for the intentions of the gentoo-sources
13 regarding the 3.4 LTS and was answered that it would not be followed.
14
15 Fair enough, because I wanted the ck-sources to follow it, we made the job of
16 reviewing all upstream's patches from 3.4.9 up to 3.4.18 and from there up to
17 3.4.23... and then discovered the gentoo-sources catching up from 3.4.9 to
18 3.4.24.
19
20 Of course I do not blame anybody for this, after all, each to his own.
21 However, the result of this is that we (as GS+CK) have almost certainly
22 achieved a great part of the dirty job twice !
23
24 Hence my first question regarding the gentoo-sources project's intentions
25 regarding the 3.6 and 3.7 branches.
26
27 Regards,
28