From: Rob Lewis <rrl125@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-kernel] Re: gentoo-sources-2.6.29 ebuild, distfiles, and new patches
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 07:03:54
1 I have also created a vanilla one
2
3 http://rrl125.googlepages.com/2.6.29-ebuild-vanilla.tar.bz2
4
5 Thanks..
6
7 On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 2:32 AM, Rob Lewis <rrl125@×××××.com> wrote:
8
9 > With help from kerframil with the patching problems (thanks again!) i
10 > created a gentoo-sources-2.6.29 ebuild, distfiles set, and changed some
11 > patches to make it work. Everything can be found here:
12 >
13 > http://rrl125.googlepages.com/2.6.29-ebuild.tar.bz2
14 >
15 > The '4200_fbcondecor-0.9.4.patch' in extras has changed due to a rejected
16 > chunk. I removed the chunk, but it was not serving a purpose. To see the
17 > chunk i removed, follow the following link and search for:
18 > '@@ -249,7 +254,7 @@ int fb_set_user_cmap(struct fb_cmap_user'
19 >
20 > http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/linux-patches/genpatches-2.6/trunk/2.6.29/4200_fbcondecor-0.9.4.patch?rev=1457&view=markup
21 >
22 > I also tested the new kernel with my configuration and i do not see any
23 > apparent problems.
24 >
25 > I hope this helps, i certainly learned alot!
26 >
27 > -Rob
28 >