From: "Eric F. GARIOUD" <eric-f.garioud@×××××××.fr>
To: Gentoo Kernel List <gentoo-kernel@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-kernel] 3.12 Kernels : Regression in the handling of usbatm debug traces
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 08:39:04
1 Having CONFIG_USB_ATM set and CONFIG_USB_DEBUG not set, syslogs are now overfed with
2 kyriads of
3
4 << usbatm_rx_process: xyzt callbacks suppressed >>
5
6 messages per minute.
7
8 - My understanding is that a commit from Greg K-H caused the trouble :
9
10 quoted from https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/9/2/429 :
11
12 Greg Kroah-Hartman (46):...
13
14 USB: usbatm: don't rely on CONFIG_USB_DEBUG USB: usbatm: remove
15 CONFIG_USB_DEBUG dependancy
16
17 - My understanding is that Krzysztof Mazur reported that behaviour as part of
18
19 https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/10/26/65
20
21 Greg K-H is involved in the discussion and a patch seems to have been produced.
22 I did not manage to find it commited in 3.12
23
24 - Are there good reasons for this patch not to be commited ?
25 - If not, as I understand 3.12 is longterm and maintained by Jiri Slaby, could someone forward
26 him a request to commit Joe Perches' work ?
27
28 Gratefully,
29
30 Eric