From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-kernel@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-kernel] wacom bug question (bug #205261)
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 20:18:10
Sebastian Kromp wrote:
> I thought the linuxwacom-project offers a kernelmodule too, but they > seem not to, sorry.
I think they do - they "own" the one that is present in the kernel itself :) (this is the way any sane developer would do it)
> Well, I´ve found this bug at the kernel bugzilla > and looked for the > vendor_id-struct at the /drivers/input/tablet/wacom_wac.c of the > kernels, 2.6.23-gentoo-r3 (the bugreporter uses), 2.6.23-gentoo-r6 > and 2.6.24-git16 and the Vendor ID 0x56a isn´t there. I´m not sure if > it´s true, but I guess this means, that this tablet isn´t supported > yet, isn´t it?
The vendor ID is there: it's USB_VENDOR_ID_WACOM One way to find the numeric value of that is to plug that identifier into - you'll see it's 056a However, device support is done on a (vendor ID, product ID) combination and you're correct in saying that there is no (0x56a,0x90) entry in the table.
> I´ve found lots of reports , that says that this tablet isn´t > working/supported yet, but the linux-wacom-project seems to work at it > /( I've contacted Ping Cheng form Linux Wacom Tablet Project and asked > when they will add support for us. Answer: > > "It is in my to-do list > > ). But, I don't have time to work on it soon. If you have development > experience, you may work on it. Otherwise, we'll have to see if there > is anyone else available in the development group before I get a > chance to work on it. " - > / > /
Great! Can you put that information on the bug then please?